NTU at a Glance
- 1928 as Taihoku Imperial University
- 1945 as National Taiwan University
- Full-time Faculty: 2,012
- Part-time Faculty: 1,969
- Undergraduate: 16,557
- Master's: 11,628
- Doctorate: 3,616
- Total: 31,801
Academic and Research Units
- NTU is made up of 11 Colleges, 54 departments, 108 graduate institutes, and 18 Master’s and PhD degree programs, granting around 7,800 degrees annually. The University also boasts a number of international and national research centers, as well as four dozen university-level research centers.
International Exchange (as of 2017)
- Global Partnership: 576
- Academic Cooperation Programs and Agreements: 1,497
- International students: 5,193
- The University's campus stretches approximately 34,283 hectares across whole of Taiwan, with the Main Campus located in the heart of the nation’s capital, Taipei City.
- Main Campus
- College of Medicine and University Hospital
- University Farm
- Chubei Branch
- Yinlin Branch
- Xitou Experimental Farm
"Integrity, Diligence, Fidelity, and Compassion"
1 Nobel Laureate, 4 heads of state
Includes over 4 million volumes, 40 thousand periodical selections, and over 1 million collections of various forms.