Campus Ext: 2326
Fax: +886-2- 2362-7383
Taihoku Imperial University (TIU) was established during the Japanese occupation in March of 1928. In the same year a library was built to support academic research and this was originally known as the Taipei Imperial University Library. With the restoration of Chinese rule in 1945, TIU was then handed over to the ROC national government and the name of the University subsequently changed to become National Taiwan University (NTU).
The Library as it is today was officially open to the public in November 1998 after 12 years of planning and construction. Most of the departmental libraries were then integrated into the new building thus providing a more diverse, professional and efficient service. This included longer opening hours, extended loan periods, a centralized and expanding collection, increased electronic resources, the use of the IOD (information on demand) system, digitisation projects from our special collections and various exhibits of art works.