※ The Graduate Institute of Musicology of National Taiwan University invites applications to fill one full-time faculty position (three year renewable contract).
The appointment will begin on August 1st, 2009. We welcome applications from scholars who can enhance and broaden the existing research profile of the Institute, but are particularly interested in specialists in the following two areas:
- music of the Asia-Pacific region and/or Austronesia
- popular music or film music studies.
Chinese proficiency is preferred but not mandatory. Prioritized considerations will be given to applicants who demonstrate a broad perspective towards musicology, who can foster interdisciplinary and/or intercultural approaches, who can show good potential in both teaching and research, and who can help promote exchanges between our institute and the international scholarly community.
Responsibilities: The successful candidate must be able to teach graduate courses as well as undergraduate general education courses, guide student theses, and help with administrative affairs.
Applicants should submit the following materials:
- curriculum vitae (including a list of publications);
- statement of current research and teaching interests and long-term goals
- sample syllabi
- transcripts of the highest degree obtained
- representative publications (no more than two) published within the past three years (Unpublished Ph.D. dissertation is acceptable)
- additional publications (no more than three) published within the last five years
- three letters of recommendation or contact information for three references
- photo copy of Ph.D. diploma; those who have not received their Ph.D. degree at the time of application must provide a formal statement from the doctoral institution indicating that the degree will be obtained by the time of the appointment
- Certificate of current employment (if applicable)
Application deadline: February 23, 2009
Please send the application materials to:
Dr. Ying-fen Wang
Graduate Institute of Musicology
National Taiwan University
No. 1, Roosevelt Road, Sec. 4
Taipei, Taiwan, 106
Inquiries should be addressed to:
Mr. Ping-fang Kao
※ The Department of Public Health is looking for a full time faculty above the assistant professor level.
The appointee will be mainly hired by the Department of Public Health, and co-hired by the relevant graduate institutes. Applicant must have a doctoral degree at the time of application, and his/her area of specialization should be health-related public policies. Candidates who have done post-doctoral research or who have teaching experiences will be given prioritized consideration. Applicants should submit the following materials:
- curriculum vitae
- photo copies of academic degrees and work experiences
- list and photo copies of publications
- three letters of recommendation
- teaching and research plan for the next three years
- at least one publication within the last three years and other information which may help us understand the applicant’s background.
Application deadline: March 16th, 2009
(we go by the postmark of the applicant’s mailing location)
Send materials to :
Dr. Wei-jen Chen
Department of Public Health
National Taiwan University
Room 123, First Floor, No. 17, Hsu-Zhou Road
Taipei, Zip Code 100
Contact number: 886-2-3355-8011
※ Position open for a post-doctoral research fellow.
The Office for the Project to Save Energy and Reduce Carbon Dioxide Emission of the National Science Council is looking to hire a post-doctoral research fellow.
Job description: The candidate will engage in energy education related research, assist in the mapping out and promotion of research projects, assist in the organization of large scale international seminars, and carry out other assigned duties.
- Applicants should possess Republic of China nationality
- Applicants should have doctoral degrees from a domestic or foreign university in energy-related fields
- Applicants should possess knowledge and background in scientific education or energy Education
- Applicants should be diligent, pro-active, enthusiastic, and in possession of good communicative skills.
Work place: Global Change Research Center, National Taiwan University
Employment period: from now on till October 31st, 2009.
Salary range: N.T. 55,000 per month (as per the pay scale of National Science Council), labor
and health insurance provided. Number of openings: one person.
Application deadline: January 12th, 2009.
Contact person: Miss Pei-hua Yang, 02-3366-9925
Interested party should e-mail his/her curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and mark the application materials with captions which read: "applying for post doctoral research fellow."
Once the applicant passes the preliminary review, he/she will be sent notice for an interview. Please prepare your personal data when you are being interviewed.