- The Department of Bioenvironmental System Engineering seeks to employ a full time faculty above the assistant professor level. Applicant's area of specialization should be related to "rural environmental restoration and green energy eco-building" and teaching can be conducted either in English or in Chinese. Applicant should have a doctoral degree. People who are interested in applying should have his/her educational background, his/her working experiences, transcripts of his/her master's and doctoral program, photocopy of the doctoral diploma, list of publications and the major publications within the last three years (including a representative work which was published within the last three years or the doctoral dissertation. The publication date of the representative work should be from August 1st 2007 to February 28th, 2010), future research plan, synopsis of courses to be taught, two recommendation letters and other supporting documents including the level of application (assistant professor, associate professor, professor, etc) and mail them to: Dr. Ching-Pin Tung, Head, Department of Bioenvironmental System Engineering, No. 1, Section IV, Roosevelt Road, National Taiwan University 106 before February 29th, 2010. Contact telephone number is: 886-2-3366-3443, fax number is: 886-2-2363-5854, e-mail is: email@example.com. For details, please log onto: www. bse.ntu.edu.tw.
- The Department of Chemical Engineering seeks to employ one or two full time faculty members above the assistant professor level. Applicants should have a doctoral degree, with specialization in energy and clean technology, bio-chemistry and bio-medical technologies, processes and biological systems engineering, and other chemical engineering related areas.
People who are interested in applying please submit the application letter, resume (including the list of publications, three recommendation letters with the e-mail, addresses and phone numbers of the references) teaching and research plans and other supporting documents and mail them to : Dr. Li-Jen Chen, Head, Department of Chemical Engineering, National Taiwan University, No. 1, Section IV, Roosevelt Road, Taipei, Taiwan 106. Contact phone number is: 886-2-2363-5230, fax is: 886-2-2362-3040. E-mail is: firstname.lastname@example.org. Recruitment Date: Starting from August 1st, 2010.
- The Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures of National Taiwan University announces 2010-2011 adjunct positions in Spanish, Arabic and Czech. For details, please refer to the department website http://www.forex.ntu.edu.tw/main.php。
- The Department of Geosciences seeks to employ a full time faculty equivalent to or above the assistant professor level. Qualifications: Applicant must have a doctoral degree, with no limit in areas of specialization, but candidates with expertise in geochemistry and who can operate a mass spectrometry lab and its equipments will be given preferred consideration.
Application deadline: before February 28th, 2010 (we go by the postmarked date from the mailing site) Scheduled hiring date: from August 1st, 2010 or February 1st, 2011. Documentation: personal resume, photo copies of degrees earned and working experiences, list of publications (three to five extracts of works published within the last three years. One of these extracts can be designated as the representative work, which must be published after August 1st, 2007), teaching and research plans, names and addresses of three references, and other supporting documents. Applicants should have these documentation ready and mailed to: Dr. Wen-Shan Chen, Head, Department of Geosciences, National Taiwan University, No.1, Section IV, Roosevelt Road, Taipei, Taiwan 106. Additionally, applicant should have his/her resume, list of publications, three references with addresses and names and e-mail them to Professor Fran Tsan-Yao Yang at: email@example.com. For related information please refer to the departmental website at: www.gl.ntu.edu.tw.
- The Department of Bio-industrial Mechatronics Engineering seeks to employ a full time faculty above the assistant professor level. Applicants should have a doctoral degree, with a major in agricultural machinery, and a minor in information engineering will be a plus. Applicants please specify the level of application (professor, associate professor , or assistant professor) and mail your CV in both Chinese and English (one in Chinese and one in English, please specify your birthdate, the levels of schools which you attended, the graduation dates, your areas of specialization [please describe in less than 80 words], your current position) , photocopies of diplomas, transcripts at the graduate school, your baccalaureate transcripts (for those who are applying to become an assistant professor) , list of publications (please specify whether they are SCI indexed), and photocopy of your representative work published after March 2007 (a SCI thesis or your doctoral dissertation [for those applying to become an assistant professor], detailed research plan and course synopsis and two recommendation letters and mail them to: Search Committee for new faculty members, Department of Bio-industrial Mechatronics Engineering, National Taiwan University, No. 1, Section IV, Roosevelt Road, Taipei, Taiwan. The job is fixed to start from August 1st, 2010. Website is at: www.bime.ntu.edu.tw Contact phone number is: 886-2-3366-5357, Mr. Ching-Lung Huang. E-mail is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Department of Horticulture seeks to employ three full time faculty members above the assistant professor level. Applicants should have a doctoral degree in horticulture, garden landscaping or related fields, and relevant research performance in the fields in which they wish to be hired. The scheduled date for appointment is August 1st, 2010 The areas of specialization are: 1. Teaching and research of the propagation of horticultural crops (including the tissue culture propagation ) 2. Garden product processing and utilization. Candidates must be competent at teaching and doing research at the product development of the processing units 3. Planning and management of landscape resources. Candidates must be competent at landscape design, and the teaching and research thereof. People who wish to apply with the above-mentioned qualifications, please prepare the following:
With the exception of the recommendation letters, you should make four copies of all other supporting materials and have them sent to: Faculty Search Committee, (please specify the area to which you are applying), Department of Horticulture, National Taiwan University, No.1, Section IV, Roosevelt Road, Taipei, Taiwan, 106. After you mail out the documents, please confirm by e-mail to ensure receipt. No matter whether you are hired or not, your materials will not be returned to you. If you wish to have them returned, please so specify. For details, please log onto: http://www.hort.ntu.edu.tw.
- Your CV (please specify your address, telephone number, fax number and e-mail).
- Your university and graduate school transcripts, photocopies of your diplomas and your doctoral dissertation.
- A representative work published within the last three years (after June, 2007), please specify the title of your work, the journal in which it was published, and the volume and issue number. Your representative work should be published in a SCI or SSCI journal, and you should be the first author or the corresponding author.
- Two photocopies or reprints of your works published within the last five years (after June 2005). If you have works that are accepted but remain unpublished, you should submit proof of acceptance.
- List of publications over the years.
- Names of courses which you wish to teach, synopses of these courses, and a statement of your research interests.
- Three recommendation letters. People who recommend you should be limited to those who taught at the schools which you attended or the colleagues who worked with you at the same institute. The people who recommend you should mail their recommendation letters directly to the Head of the Department of Horticulture. And you should have three additional references with names, phone numbers, addresses, and e-mails.
- The Department of Chinese Literature has openings for several full time and adjunct faculty members. For information concerning qualifications, courses to be taught, proper documentation, etc., please refer to http://www.cl.ntu.edu.tw. Deadline for application: before February 10th, 2010 (we go by the postmarked date). Applicants should send by certified mail all relevant materials to: Office of the Department of Chinese Literature, National Taiwan University, No. 1, Section IV, Roosevelt Road, Taipei, Taiwan, 106. (Please specify on the envelope that you are applying for a full-time faculty or an adjunct position). Applications past the deadline will not be handled. Contact phone number: 886-2-3366-4001, fax is: 886-2-2363-5647. E-mail is at: email@example.com