Preventive Measures Regarding Teaching & Learning for the Upcoming Semester
Given the current pandemic situation, the University is asking all academic and administrative units to comply with the following measures regarding teaching and learning for the upcoming semester despite the epidemic prevention measures released by the school:
A. All courses shall adopt distance learning in the first three weeks since 110-1 semester. Teachers shall announce course URL and relevant information on course description.(If you want to set the visibility of your course page on NTU COOL to be public, please see this document: https://www.dlc.ntu.edu.tw/2021/09/09/visibility/ .) If experiments, hands-on course,graduate courses with fewer people,wish to give physical course, please follow the measures listed below:
- Teachers shall do the roll call, while eating and drinking in the classroom is forbidden.
- Classrooms shall be cleansed and disinfected regularly, while kept ventilated.
- Face masks must be worn throughout, while social distancing shall be maintained (e.g., 1.5 meters or 2.25 square meters).
- Please submit an application form ( https://www.space.ntu.edu.tw/navigate/s/CB679CFFA6134C83B4964E40A30A460AQQY ) to the Office of Academic Affairs before September 24th.
B. In principle, 80 or above people selecting a course shall adopt distance learning from the fourth week of 110-1 semester. Courses under 80 people will be in-person classes. In special cases, please fill out this application form( https://www.space.ntu.edu.tw/navigate/s/CB679CFFA6134C83B4964E40A30A460AQQY ) before October 12th.
- In-person class shall comply with the regulations listed above.
- Teachers are encouraged to adopt a blended teaching approach －a combination of online learning and in-person class - to prepare the courses. For more information, please see the website of Digital Learning Center: https://www.dlc.ntu.edu.tw/2021/09/08/blended-teaching/
C. The flexible measures of this semester for adding, dropping, and withdrawing classes are as follows.
- The “Unblock Course Request Form”, “Course Overload Request Form”, and “Course Underload Request Form”:
The lecturer and the director may sign these request forms in person or reply by email to these request forms to indicate their approval of the request. Please email the request form and the proof for approval to the contact person in the Office of Academic Affairs.
- Adding and dropping classes in the first and second week of this semester:
(1) . Adding classes in the first and the third category:
The process is as usual. Students may register for classes online.
(2). The second category (adding classes with a permission number):
It is recommended that the lecturer email a permission number to students and record the student number for future verification.
- Adding or withdrawing classes in the third week of this semester:
The lecturer and the director may sign the application form in person or reply by email to the application form to indicate their approval of the request. Please combine the application form and the proof for approval into a single PDF and upload it to the Office of Academic Affairs. The website address for uploading the file will be announced separately.
- Because online teaching is conducted during the first three weeks of this semester, if students want to add or attend the classes during the period, they need to contact the lecturer.