Teaching and students’ application please cope with epidemic procedures
Due to a rapid escalation in the number of COVID-19 cases in Taipei City and New Taipei City recently, the epidemic situation is now approaching Alert Level 3 (orange light). In response to this urgency, the University is asking all academic and administrative units to comply with the following preventive measures:
- Starting May 17, all classes will be switched to remote-only instruction for the rest of the spring semester. Instructors can upload their lecture videos to NTU COOL. Since the epidemic is escalating, the alternative to on-site final exam for assessing students’ learning outcome is strongly recommended and planned in advance. The University provides mechanisms for conducting online testing, online oral reporting, peer assessment and online drills. Please refer to the attached document in preparation for such eventualities.
- To prevent the epidemic, all application forms with review and/or signature from course instructors, mentors, advisors, and/or supervisors of departments/graduate institutes/degree programs (Course Withdrawal, Leave of Absence, Dropping Double Major and/or Minor Study etc. are included) can be replaced with flexible application procedures. Students can mail to the person and/or unit in charge with application form as attachment. If they approve your application, please forward this approved mail to the according unit of Office of Academic Affairs [note]. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Graduate students can take their master’s or Ph.D. thesis/dissertation defense through the video conference. The signature of the committee member can be replaced by an electronic scan. The committee members who use the video method to conduct the master’s or Ph.D. thesis/dissertation defense are allowed to apply for their attendance fee, but not allowed to apply for their travel allowance.
- In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the deadline of the thesis/dissertation submission for the second semester of the Academic Year 2020-2021 has been extended to August 31, 2021 because the next day is the first day of classes for the next semester. The deadline for the thesis/dissertation defense is also flexible. As long as the Master’s and Ph.D. students can complete their thesis/dissertation submission process by August 31, 2021, they will be able to graduate on schedule. If the students are unable to complete the process of submitting their thesis/dissertation by August 31, 2021, they have to pay the tuition and fees for the next semester, and if their maximum period of study has expired, they shall be ordered to be withdrawn from the university.
[NOTE] Students affiliated in the following units shall mail to the Branch Office of Academic Affairs of the College of Medicine: Second Degree Bachelor of Science in Nursing (all students), Department of Nursing (sophomores and above), other undergraduate departments of the College of Medicine (juniors and above) and Department of Public Health (sophomores and above); other undergraduate students shall mail to Undergraduate Academic Affairs Division. Graduate students of the College of Medicine and the College of Public Health shall mail to the Branch Office of Academic Affairs of the College of Medicine; graduate students from other colleges shall mail to Graduate Academic Affairs Division.
Undergraduate Academic Affairs Division：
Graduate Academic Affairs Division：
Branch Office of Academic Affairs of the College of Medicine：
Center for Teaching and Learning Development & Digital Learning Center:
- Digitalizing your courses 33663367#566、583
- NTU COOL 33663367#598、580
- Application for teaching assistants for digital courses 33663367#584
- U Meeting/ U Webinar 33663367#532
If there is any problem, you can refer to ntu-dlc’s website (https://www.dlc.ntu.edu.tw/superkit/) for help.
Thank you again for your ongoing commitment to our campus and our mission during this time of challenges and change. We will find a way forward, and a way to be together again as a community in the nearer future.